- Amany KillawiAmany Killawi, the co-founder of LaunchGood, a crowdfunding site for social enterprises from the global Muslim community. Killawi, a former social worker and youth organizer, was determined not to be bound by her college major: "Just because you've studied math or social work, that doesn't mean that's all you can do," she says.
- Fiona Edwards MurphyFiona Edwards Murphy Ph.D., CEO and Co-founder, ApisProtect is among the most widely published authors on Internet of Things and honey bees. ApisProtect is uniquely placed to disrupt a global, well-established industry with robust technology developed by Fiona Edwards Murphy, following her award-winning PhD research at University College Cork, Ireland.
- Angela BentonBenton initially bootstrapped the Los Angeles-based company before raising an undisclosed amount of seed and angel funding last year, including money from actor, writer, and producer Issa Rae. “If you choose to go the investment route, make sure you really understand the power dynamic: You’re trying to get money from someone, and you’re selling equity,” Benton says.
- Ricky SolorzanoRicky Solorzano is CEO and founder of BioBots, a bioprinting company. Ricky built the prototype Allevi 3D bioprinter in his dorm room after he was frustrated by the high cost and inaccessibility of equipment. Now, as CEO, he looks forward to changing the way medicine is done. His vision for BioBots is shaping the future of both bioengineering and bio-fabrication.
- Ryan PetersenRyan Petersen is the CEO and Founder of Flexport. Prior to starting Flexport to fix the user experience in global trade, Ryan was co-founder and CEO of ImportGenius.com, a data-as-a-service business for global shipping. He holds a degree in economics from the University of California, Berkeley and an MBA from Columbia University.
- Katrina LakeKatrina Lake in 2011, founded Stitch Fix. It is a fashion-based subscription service. Lake, who is the youngest woman in tech to take a company public, was the only woman in 2017 to lead an initial public offering in technology. Stitch Fix leverages data science and human stylists to send personalized outfits to a customer's door.
- Anne WojcickiAn entrepreneur, co-founder, and chief executive officer of the personal genomics company 23andMe, Anne Wojcicki built the company in 2006. 23andMe is the only direct-to-consumer genetics testing company cleared by the FDA for health tests, including ones for Alzheimer's and Parkinson's.
- Kieran SnyderKieran Sydner co-founded Textio, an online service that uses machine learning to analyse language as users write and guide people towards better and clearer communication. Snyder has a doctorate in linguistics and has been interested in quantifying language’s effect with technology and math.
- AR glasses, future smartphoneThe Science Behind Augmented Reality Technology. AR glasses have been around for a number of years. But with upcoming technology, they might become even more popular than smartphones. It is hard to predict whether people will be eager to quickly adopt augmented reality glasses but the usefulness of this tech will present us with a choice or alternative to smartphone checking. In this short video we explain the science behind augmented reality and the possible domination of AR glasses in the near future.
- What is future of IoTInternet of Things could benefit people and society in the future and how the European Lighthouse Project on the Internet of Things will "make things talk". It provides you with a glimpse into a concept being worked on by the IoT-A project team for several years, namely the Architecture Reference Model, ARM, a dictionary for the IoT, a toolbox for developers.
- IoT, the game changer of the futureInternet of Things is one of the pillars of the 4th industrial revolution. With the increase in adoption of different technologies such as Machine Learning, Augmented Reality, Cyber Physical Systems and IoT, the world of digital transformation is about to take another leap in the next few years.
- City FarmsPopulation of the world is increasing multifold. This has put the agriculture world under great pressure. Innovators are finding new, modern solutions to empower the future generation. One such solution is to shift farms in the city to increase production without disturbing the fast city life. Check out this video to watch how farms are being incorporated in the city.
- BelPy 202130-31 January, 2021 (Online)
BelPy is a conference where Python users, or people interested in Python, gather to learn from each other and meet other members of the community. This is the first edition of BelPy, and will be entirely virtual due to the present circumstances. The BelPy team is continuing to work hard on making a conference that will allow everyone to have a great time and unlock new possibilities through Python.
- TestJS SummitJanuary 28-29, 2021 (Online)
TestJS Summit is a 2-day online event for QAs and software developers to get up to date with JS testing best practices, sharpen skills and get latest updates from top products core teams. Get a full ticket to participate in workshops, and network with thousands of others JS testing folks on January 28-29, 2021.
- International Conference on Computational Mathematics and Applied PhysicsJanuary 4-5, 2021 (Location:Tokyo, Japan)
The aim of this conference is to provide a platform for the scientists, scholars, engineers and students from the universities all around the world and the industry to present ongoing research activities .
- Pycon SwedenOnline
The PyCon is the largest annual convention for the discussion and promotion of the Python programming language which will be held virtually this year due to the pandemic. The conference brings together experts from around the world and incorporates a number of workshops and discussions.
- LendingFrontLendingFront is a complete white-label lending platform for small businesses. Their solution offers a set of integrated or standalone modules covering every aspect of the lending process which includes application intake and workflow, underwriting, decisioning, offer presentation, monitoring and servicing. The platform allows the clients to retain full control and manual oversight by allowing them to automate as much of the process as they wish to.
- RehiveRehive is an all-in-one toolkit and platform for building fintech applications. Rehive aims to break down the barriers to entry for starting a fintech business and application. It is the fastest and most affordable way to build, launch and scale fintech applications. Their product is used by payment service providers, retailers, fintech and banks.
- DwollaDwolla is an e-commerce company based in the United States. The company provides an online payment system and mobile payment network, Dwolla offers a secure, reliable and scalable way for businesses to move money. Their payment API is developer-friendly and easily integrates with new applications.